Improve relationship discovery and cultivation with these 3 key DealCloud capabilities
Expanding market coverage and maintaining quality relationships are critical for successful investment outcomes. However, many investment firms lack the time and tools required to take on the burdensome tasks of maintaining and capitalizing on valuable relationship data.
By introducing a fully integrated suite of tech-savvy relationship management features, DealCloud clients have access to a set of tools dedicated to improving relationship discovery and cultivation. DealCloud leverages automated data capture and intelligence reporting to integrate high-quality relationship data alongside enterprise pipeline and deal lifecycle solutions. The relationship management capabilities help your team capture and leverage insightful relationship data so they can focus on building business and closing deals.
What is automated contact and company management?
DealCloud offers automated contact and company creation, ensuring a fully automated process for adding new contacts and companies to the platform. With the signature scraping functionality, DealCloud captures contact signatures to enrich these new contacts with signature-provided data such as employer, phone number, and job existing profiles as contacts change roles, titles, and companies. This functionality not only creates but also enhances contact data by capturing vital information from contact signatures.
With data quality automation, firms can perform quality assurance checks over the relationship data that synchronizes into the platform by setting custom controls to determine which records synchronize automatically — and which records require additional review before integration. Records that have been flagged by the control setting can be reviewed, edited, and updated by appropriate users through easily configurable reports and data grids. This feature ensures a high level of data accuracy and integrity throughout the platform.
How it works:
- Set filter criteria to determine what types of contacts should be automatically synchronized to DealCloud.
- The Microsoft Exchange connection identifies new company and contact records and scrapes email signatures for ongoing maintenance.
- New account creation and updates are validated and enriched through third party data providers.
- Contacts are automatically added to your DealCloud Contact database or, if they do not meet filter criteria, they are flagged as “pending” and pushed into the data quality automation site area where specified users can review and add contacts in bulk.
Above is an example of contact information within DealCloud that was automatically pulled using the signature scraping functionality.
- Simplify data capture and review processes with automated data ingestion.
- Boost user adoption by institutionalizing important relationship data — without time-consuming data entry.
- Ensure data quality with automatic profile updates when contact roles, job titles, and companies change.
- Feel confident in data security and quality with to the ability to filter out sensitive or irrelevant profiles.
What is relationship intelligence?
DealCloud relationship intelligence passively harvests metadata from Microsoft Exchange email and event communication to score relationships and determine who knows whom and how well throughout every stage of the relationship. Each relationship is scored based on your firm’s predetermined relationship scoring algorithm and updates daily to provide reliable score trends. Scoring criteria is managed by platform administrators to allow firms to gauge relationship quality based on their preferred method of communication and the importance applied to different communication channels.
DealCloud’s intelligence reporting capabilities offer an array of insights to effectively leverage relationship scores so users can capitalize on their firm’s relationship intelligence.
- Historical level reporting offers relationship owners and colleagues the ability to identify trends, spot cooling relationships, and gauge active and residual value over time.
- Network maps allow users to visualize colleague relationship strength across industries, regions, and other strategy types.
- Aggregated relationship scores, updated daily, determine relationship strength — not only at the colleague-to-contact level, but at the colleague-to-company and firm-to-company levels.
- Automated deletion of scores and metadata according to data retention policies and retention of summarized histories for longer relationships.
- Facilitate meaningful introductions by easily determining which colleagues hold strong relationships with your target network.
- Prevent overlapping outreach efforts by automatically capturing last activity dates.
- Reduce key-person risk by easily identifying at-risk relationships when employees are preparing to leave the firm.
- Build meaningful outreach programs by understanding historical trends and network maps across coverage groups.
- Make relationship scores meaningful with the ability to build a unique algorithm based on your firm’s communication style.
Improve relationship discovery and cultivation
No matter the size or strategy of your firm, we know that maintaining strong relationships is critical to your success. We also know that capturing the valuable data you need to improve your relationship coverage is time-consuming. DealCloud’s relationship management capabilities are aimed at alleviating this burden.
What is automated activity capture?
To promote team collaboration and support firm ingestion of activity insights, DealCloud’s activity capture feature automatically synchronizes email and event details alongside associated relationships in DealCloud. Each activity is ingested alongside important meta data to include details related to attendees, date and time of activity, and attachments.
With the automated activity capture feature, platform administrators can set specific criteria for the types of communications that are synchronized into the platform — ensuring that your firm is institutionalizing important communications while also optimizing the quality of your data set and adhering to security requirements.
- Reduce administrative burden by removing the need to manually synchronize email and event communications.
- Institutionalize important insights with the ability to pull the communication body, attachments, and attendees.
- Better approach outreach efforts by easily accessing details and outcomes associated with last activity dates.
- Ensure data ingestion remains relevant and secure with automatic removal of scores and metadata in accordance with data retention policies.
Learn more about how to save time with DealCloud relationship intelligence and zero-entry data solutions: schedule a demo today.